We deliver high-quality learning opportunities to engage and educate parents and other caring adults, thereby increasing the capacity of our youth to succeed.
Helping our Toddlers, Developing Our Children’s Skills
Challenging behaviors are hard for the child and the family! You will learn how to use a simple and effective step-by-step problem-solving approach for decreasing your child’s problem behaviors and increasing appropriate behaviors. You will complete some of the activities on your own and will meet with a group of other caregivers online weekly.
We will meet on the following Tuesdays for 45 minutes starting at 4pm:
• 12/1/20, 12/8/20, 12/15/20, 12/22/20, no meeting on 12/29/20, 1/5/21, 1/12/21, 1/19/21, 1/26/21
Healthy daily routines are important for optimal development but can be hard to establish or maintain if your child has challenging behaviors! Through Positive Behavior Supports strategies, you will learn how to identify the “why” behind the child’s challenging behavior and how to use proactive, teaching, and management strategies to prevent or address that behavior. You will complete this online program at your own pace.
• Module 1: Introduction to the program
• Module 2: Identifying goals and tracking progress
• Module 3: Identifying patterns
• Module 4: Summarizing behavior patterns
• Module 5: Selecting function-based strategies
• Module 6: Developing a routine-based plan
• Module 7: Putting your plan in place
• Module 8: Addressing new routines